Friday, February 04, 2005

When i was born...

I was born via C-section. It was awfully cold when i was out and I was'nt particularly happy. The first person I met from the outside world was Babu dada. He was the anaesthetist and is also mommy's cousin. After seeing me, he said that 'Ganpati Bappa has arrived'.

Babu dada is a great guy...he would come to see me everyday in the hospital. He usually keeps busy as he has to attend calls for surgeries every now and then, but no matter where he had to go, he made it a point to drop in and meet me at least once each day.
He is also an enthusiastic photographer. He took pictures of everyone in the hospital with me. All my initial pictures were taken by Babu Dada (including my first pic on this blog).

Then they cleaned me and wrapped in this red polka-dot cloth and gave me to daddy (Daddy and Granny/Gramps were waiting in the hospital) for an intro.

Daddy thought I was 'the best baby in the world' and he was glad to see me.I wanted to tell him that I too was happy to see him, but I havent learnt the language of the land yet. Daddy held me for a while and so did my grandparents (they loved me too). It looked great outside...I had so many new things to see. Then the nurse took me back to the recovery room and they had this heater there - they kept me under it with all the other babies.
I liked that heater thingie (will probably get one of those at home after I grow up)..I was feeling sleepy anyways so went off to sleep after that.


Under the heater, with my friends
That's me, first from left


Daddy took permission from the doctor and came in and took a few pictures. Babu dada also accompanied him.
I just slept the entire night after that. Did not even miss my mommy. Mommy was sleeping too....she was on painkillers and sedatives after the surgery.

It was late in the night (past 1.30 AM on the 31st of Dec) so daddy and gramps went home and granny stayed back. Daddy wanted to stay back but was not allowed to, as we were yet to get our room and mommy was sharing a room with another female patient (Shraddha). (Which is why i wore the 'Number 8' tag until the next morning...they changed it to 'Number 10' after we got the #10 room in the morning).

With the "8" tag, under the heater Posted by Hello
Daddy called up everyone...my paternal grandparents were in hyderabad that day and he called them up too. Preeti aatya, Ajay Kaka and Athu dada were in touch since they took mommy into the operation theater and they were excited too. Anu maushi wanted to come to the hospital but was asked to remain at home until the next morning (poor thing...they still treat her like a kid). Milind kaka and Shilpa Maushi were the first to call daddy to congratulate. Daddy even called Sheu maushi in the US and she was pretty excited too...even a little sad that she was not there to see me in person.
I love you all, people !


10 Hours old
About 10 hours old

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home