Sunday, May 06, 2007

weekend with babies

On Saturday, we went to Amruta maushi's house. She works in the same place as daddy and they are friends. She has a baby named "Shlok" who is about 8 months old. I made friends with him and played with him. In the end I wanted to take him home, but he had to stay with his parents.

Yesterday we attended the naming ceremony for another baby (she was named "Ruble" yesterday). Her dad and mine are friends and work together in the same place. I had a good time there too.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At May 15, 2007 11:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow seems like U had a great time :)

BTW do u by any chance know the meaning of the name ruble? I haven't heard that one before...

 
At May 20, 2007 1:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well.. I am Rouble's Dad.
I would rather go with "Rouble" than "Ruble". The Form "Rouble" is preferred by the Oxford English Dictionary...so I stay with it :-)

Hmmm..."Rouble" is a piece of a certain weight chopped off a Silver/Gold ingot (grivna), hence the name. It was the Russian equivalent of the mark, a measurement of weight for Silver and Gold used in medieval western Europe. In short its certainly a Russian noun but we were really fascinated by this name.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home