Saturday, September 22, 2007

Tihir

Mihir is greatly influenced by his imaginary brother 'Tihir' - I invented this character, rather had to. Tihir is the guy who does all the wrong things and as a result sleeps on the Terrace everyday.

This is how it works (Statutory Warning: These behavior depictions can create permanent fear about kids in the minds of people who dont have kids yet. But they are true stories.)

Scenario 1:
Mihir: I will not wear clothes when I go to school today.

Daddy: Oh, ok. Tihir tried that the other day and he felt very cold..the terrace is soooo windy you know.

Mihir: Daddy, I want to wear clothes, I am not Tihir.

Scenario 2:
Daddy/Mummy: Mihir, brush your teeth and do your 'susu' before you go to bed

Mihir: I dont want to brush teeth. I will do susu in bed today.

Daddy: Tihir does that actually...thats why he sleeps on the terrace

Mihir: Daddy lets go to the bathroom!

Scenario 3:
Mihir licks walls. He is asked to stop right away, he keeps doing it.

Daddy: Mommy, this is not Mihir, he must be still at school. This guy is Tihir, make sure he sleeps on the terrace tonite.

Wall-licking stops right away.

PS: My friend Amit Kumar (from office) has a one year old. He read somewhere that parents should practice to not use Negatives (like the word 'No') to tell children what is ok and what is not in terms of behavior. He has taken it up seriously and tells me that this has fantastic results when applied on his sweet one-year-old Aayushi. I am eagerly waiting for Aayushi to complete 2 years.

4 Comments:

At September 28, 2007 9:08 PM, Blogger Devaki said...

'I am eagerly waiting for Aayushi to complete 2 years' - Hilarious!

You have a killer sense of humour Parag. We both just love your writing style.

And I think Mihir is turning out to be like you as well, isn't he? :-)

 
At October 01, 2007 1:46 PM, Blogger Ketaki said...

Mihir, will you tell your daddy and mummy that they are doing a fantastic job of raising you? You are really smart and I hope that you keep it up. I've known some other toddlers your age and they are not as smart. But then, everyone has their own learning curve. I'm glad you're ahead of yours. :)
Sheu Mavshi is visiting this weekend :). We will send you pictures.

 
At October 02, 2007 1:37 AM, Blogger daddy said...

Devaki: Thanks !

 
At October 02, 2007 1:55 AM, Blogger ganu said...

Ketaki Maushi, I don't entirely agree with that but I will let them know if you want me to. As you rightly said, I am ahead on the learning curve but they are still lagging behind and have some catching up to do. They still think I am a small baby...I'm not, am I?

Nice to know Sheu Maushi is spending the weekend with you...say hi to her.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home